Training at home with XS Fitness
Let XS Fitness show you how you can keep up a regular workout regime all without leaving the comfort and safety of your home. Don’t have weights? Don’t worry! All these exercises will utilise body weight or regular household items to replace dumbbells and gym equipment.
So, let’s jump right in!
Exercise 1: Spider Crawl
(1) Start in a push up-like position.
(2) Bring one knee up towards your elbow, almost touching it, then back down.
(3) Then repeat with the other leg.
(4) Repeat this exercise 5-10 times.
BONUS: Looking for a challenge? Hold your knee up for 3 seconds, tensing your core!
Exercise 2: Side-to-side push ups
(1) Start in a normal push up position, hands just wider than shoulder width apart.
(2) Lower yourself down and back up to complete a push up
(3) Then move sideways along your mat or floor two steps.
(4) Repeat, down and then back up to complete another push up. That’s two down!
(5) Repeat another 10-12 times
BONUS: Looking for a challenge? Do it on your toes and hold in the down position for 2 seconds, this will really get your arms shaking!
Exercise 3: Lateral Raises
(1) Start with both by your side, and slowly raise up to about shoulder height
(2) Hold for 1-2 seconds, then back down
(3) Repeat 7-10 times (depending on the weight)
BONUS: Looking for a challenge? Add MORE liquid to your bottles! And increase the repetitions.
Exercise 4: Seated Dips
(1) Find a chair, ottoman or strong low table. Be sure to test it can hold your weight, we don’t want any accidents.
(2) Place your hands on your equipment, close to your bum. Bend your knees out forward 90 degrees in front of you
(3) Edge yourself down, and then back up. Be sure to be looking forward or slightly up as to not strain your neck. Squeeze your triceps at the top
(4) Repeat around 7-10 times.
BONUS: Looking for a challenge? Put your legs straight out in front, no bent knees! And even hold it for longer at both the top and bottom!
Exercise 5: Squats
(1) Stand up straight with your legs about shoulder width apart. Find something you can hold, whether it’s a chair, milk carton or encyclopedia!
(2) Lower yourself down so your bum is at about your knee height and hold slightly
(3) Then go back up.
(4) Repeat 12-15 times
BONUS: Looking for a challenge? Find something heavier to hold or do more repetitions!
If you’re doing just body weight, then hold both arms flat out in front of you whilst you’re completing the exercise.
Exercise 6: Milk bottle swings
(1) Start with your knees slightly bent holding the milk bottle with both hands.
(2) Swing the bottle upwards so it’s just below your eye level, then back down between your legs
(3) Repeat 10 times. Be sure not to swing too high as this can overstretch your lower back and shoulders.
BONUS: Looking for a challenge? Hold two milk bottles.
Exercise 7: Step ups
(1) Find yourself a chair or stable ottoman to stand on. Make sure it can’t spin or move around (so no office chairs!)
(2) From there, place one leg with your knee bent on the seat, and push upwards so your whole body is off the floor. Then back down.
(3) Repeat on the opposite leg
(4) Repeat for 7-10 times.
BONUS: Looking for a challenge? Grab your filled milk bottles for extra weight, but be sure to stay balanced at all times.